Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hello Friends - I don't know about you, but I have been in a wonderful mood these past couple of days...the weather has been perfect, renovations on our house are moving along and our little baby keeps me company 24/7 (especially now that Austin is working nights)! Over the past couple of weeks, well even months really, I haven't been in the best mood though - the stress of all these changes had really brought me down on more than one occasion.  During those times the last thing I wanted to do was be around positive people who were having wonderful days (kind of like how I'm feeling today)...but I'll admit - their positivity seemed to be contagious, and actually it IS! So yes, you've guessed it...this is one of those corny "turn your frown upside down" encouragement posts.  "But gosh darn it" (SNL reference!) sometimes we need these...especially when it comes to being our healthiest and best selves.

It is a fact that surrounding yourself with positive people, redirecting negative thoughts to positive ones and even just a simple smile can help to change your mood! Too many times the negative thoughts interrupt our best intentions - we feel unhappy so we polish off the entire bag of Sour Patch Kids, add the extra scoop of ice cream or watch the third re-run instead of getting out for a walk.  I've noticed that many of us with Celiac Disease turn to food during our not-so-good times. I know, for me, having to be gluten-free feels so restrictive at times that "treating" myself to 4 cookies instead of 1 seems like the best way to escape the negative thoughts.  But, bad days are bound to happen so be prepared for them! Know that they are inevitable, but that tomorrow is a new day and new days bring new opportunities to make better choices! Instead of letting today's bad mood fester and turn tomorrow in to round 2, CHOOSE to turn this day around - smile, call up one of your funniest friends just to say 'hi', get up and go for a 10 minute walk!

Check out the latest page I've added to the new blog, titled 'Nutrition' for some similar perspective on nutrition, wellness and health! All you have to be is better than you were yesterday!


Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment