Saturday, July 21, 2012

In the News

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/playlist/27973/3520685


I was excited and more than happy to have, in May, joined Phil Bayly of Channel 13 News for the Capital District Region in NY to talk about Celiac Disease and being gluten free.  Whenever there is any chance to speak out from a public platform and raise awareness about the reality of Celiac Disease, I mic-up, practice dulling down my expressive hand gestures, do a couple of rounds of “ow, now, brown cow” and the “arsonist had oddly shaped feet” (Anchorman, the movie) vocal warm-ups (I seriously considered doing some at the studio, but figured it might not make the best first impression), and start talking! Although there was so much more I wanted to say and talk about, I was glad to have had the opportunity, and was impressed that this news station has stepped-up to give a voice to our community!

For those of you who watch Channel 13 news and Phil Bayly, I like to call him Philly Philly Bay Bay (no I don’t, but I’ve always wanted to!), he is just as friendly and smooth talking in person as he is during his morning news segments and banter with weatherman Paul Caiano! Also, after arriving at the studio and meeting him, I realized that you never see a news anchor’s shoes during broadcasts!!! I will forever now be distracted during the news.

Be well,
Lacey

Footnote: sending this video is a great way to get solid Celiac Disease and Gluten Free lifestyle information and advice to anyone that might need it, without you having to do all the work.  Feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment